LOSS & MOURNING SERVICES PROVIDED
Funeral Homes Counseling for Bereaved Families:
Funeral Homes Counseling for Bereaved Families:
RIGBY, HARTING AND HAGAN FUNERAL HOME
SHROPSHIRE FUNERAL HOME
GOLDSTEIN FUNERAL HOME
GRIFFITH FUNERAL HOME
FOUNDS FUNERAL HOME
GRIECO FUNERAL HOMES: Kuzo & Grieco, Foulk & Grieco, Cleveland and Grieco
Bereavement Support Groups 1986-1996:
Life Guidance Services, Community Mental Health Center
Families of Murder Victims
Jewish Family Services of Philadelphia Widow and Widowers Support
Delaware County AIDS Network,
Suburban General Hospital, Norristown, PA, Widow and Widowers Support
Taylor Hospice, Support Group for Adults who are mourning the death of a parent.
Taylor Hospice, Support Group for Young Widows & Widowers
MADD of Delaware County for families of persons killed in a drunk driving crash.
MADD of Chester County for families of persons killed in a drunk driving crash.
MADD of Philadelphia County for families of persons killed in a drunk driving crash.
MADD of Delaware and Chester Counties, for persons injured by drunk drivers and for the victims’ families. First MADD group nationally for injured victims.
Grief and Mourning Workshops 1986-1996:
- Life Guidance Services, for interns, Broomall, PA
- PATH for staff, Philadelphia, PA
- Montgomery County Central for staff, Norristown, PA
- Catholic Social Services of Philadelphia, PA
- Bereavement training program for nursing staff of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Death and Dying In‑Service for Nursing Staff, Haverford Hospital
- Bereavement training program, Families of Murder Victims and Victim Services of Philadelphia, PA
- Bereavement training program, Homicide Bereavement Center, Philadelphia, PA
- Loss and Mourning training, Chester County Office of Alcohol and Drugs (COAD)
- The Needs of the Injured Victim in a Drunk Driving Crash, Pennsylvania MADD Conference
- Training on Crisis Intervention in Suicide and Other Traumatic Deaths, Crime Victim Services of Chester County
- Training, Interventions in Schools, Crime Victim Services of Chester County
- Special Intervention groups for Boy Scout troop after Scout leader accused of sexual abuse committed suicide
- Intervention after client suicide at an Mental Health community living arrangement
- Crisis intervention and follow‑up with medical facility experiencing acute bereavement reaction to terminal illness and death of administrator, Community Health Affiliates, Ardmore, PA, 1986.
- Consultation to nursing supervisor at psychiatric hospital on handling of staff issues in relation to patient suicides, Philadelphia Psychiatric Center, 1986.
- Member of consultation team of HealthiBusiness, a wellness program for business and industry at Metropolitan Hospital, Springfield PA. 1986.
- Bereavement and Loss, interview and call‑in program, guest of Dan Gottlieb on Voices in the Family (formerly Family Matters), WHYY FM, Philadelphia, PA, January 1988.
- Negotiating the Edges and Awakening the Unknown Within Us, a movement and talk workshop for persons who work with death and dying, co‑conducted with Dolores Luis Gmitter, March 3, 1989.
- Nurture the Giver Within, a workshop for caregivers conducted with Paula Sepinuck, Friends Meeting, Swarthmore, PA, November 4, 1989.
- Family and group therapist for Camp Sunburst, Petaluma, California. Summer camp for HIV and AIDS children and their families. July 1994.
- Mourning and Addiction, interview and call‑in program, KBVM radio, Portland, OR. January 2001
- MADD Face to Face Develop program for mediation between victims and drunk drivers. A national pilot project for MADD, 1992‑1996.
- MADD MAD, an all‑day seminar on anger, Delaware‑Chester County MADD, September 1992
Good Mourning Project:
- An educational program for children in grades 1-4, including a children’s video, an accompanying video for parents and teachers, written guidebooks and instructional guides. Co‑produced with Artistic Director Paula Sepinuck. A project of Swarthmore College, submitted for foundation funding.
Programs for Emergency Service Workers:
- Psychosocial consulting services for several police departments in Delaware County. Provided in‑service trainings, 1987‑ 1988. Certified Police Instructor, MPT #3389, Municipal Police Officers Education and Training Commission of Pennsylvania.
- Critical Incident Response Debriefing Team of Delaware County, 1988‑1996.
- Cable TV program on police stress with Chief Bill Robinson of the Upper Chichester Police Department and Lynn Kennedy‑Ewing, Director of the Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Program of Delaware County, 1988 and1990.
- Grief and Mourning Training Program for the Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM) Team of Delaware County, 1988.
- Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM), Seminar for County Emergency Services Dispatchers, Co‑Facilitator with Lynn Kennedy‑Ewing, October, 1988.
- Crisis Intervention in Suicides, Chester County Victim Services, August 1993.
- Training for supervisors and vice presidents on dealing with the aftermath of a bank robbery. Conducted on behalf of the Institute for Human Resources for Meridian Bank. March 1995.
- Crisis Management Consultants. Consultant. 1994‑1995.
- Mourning in the School Community Association for Death Education and Counseling, National Task Force on Death Education K‑12. Chairman, Subcommittee for guidelines and standards for intervention when a death affects the school community. Subcommittee members: Alan Wofelt and Margaret Metzger, 1989‑91.
- Staff In‑Service on Loss and Mourning Issues: Ridley Park High, December 1989. Shallcross School, February 1990. Cardinal O’Hara, January 1991. Upper Darby School District, January 1991. Consultation with school counselor on support group for children, Springfield High School, September 1991. Upper Darby High School, December 1991. Kennett Square High School, February 1992.
Archdiocese of Philadelphia, Office of Catholic Education:
- Loss and Bereavement Seminar for teachers, in service training,1986.
- How to Make a Referral Workshop and Stress Management for high school stress resource persons, 1987.
- From Burnout to Balance, seminars for teachers, in‑service training, 1987.
- Consultant to high school principal in managing staff relations crises, including management consultations and communication workshops for staff and administration. Facilitated a healing process, 1988.
Hospice Team Support Groups:
Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Lansdowne, PA, 1986‑1990.
Taylor Hospital, Ridley Park, PA, 1987‑1994.
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, 1987‑1991.
Crozier‑Chester Hospice, 1993.
Hospice Team Bereavement Training Programs:
- Community Health Affiliates, V.N.A., Ardmore, PA, 1986.
- Taylor Hospital, Ridley Park, PA, 1986.
Special Bereavement Training Programs/Interventions:
- Suicide of Terminal Patients Workshop, Community Health Affiliates, Ardmore, PA, July 1986.
- Bereavement Growth for the Hospice Team Workshop, Center for Hope Hospice, Scotch Plains, NJ, June 1987.
- Team Building Seminars, Crozier‑Chester Hospital Hospice, 1987
- Presentations at PA Hospice Network: Bereavement, 1988; Team Building, 1993, Developmental Disabilities, 2000
Bereavement Training for Volunteers:
- Taylor Hospital, Ridley Park, PA, semi‑annually 1987‑1995.
- Delaware County Memorial Hospital, Lansdowne, PA, 1988, 1989 and 1990.
- Taylor Hospital, Ridley Park, PA. Special extended program to train volunteers to assume basic responsibility for bereavement follow‑up, 1988‑1989.
- Develop and facilitate Lay Bereavement Care Teams in area churches, in cooperation with Community Health Affiliates, Ardmore, PA, 1987‑1988.
- Patient Support Groups, consultant for the development and facilitation of patient support groups,Taylor Hospital, Ridley Park, PA, 1990‑1992.